Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Last year I did my motto of the year "Find Joy in the Journey Now." It's still on my side bar and connected to the great talk that inspired me if you want to check it out. This year was a little harder... I wanted something simple yet pro founding for me, for my family. It hit me today as I watched Carson catch a football in his arms and then continue to do it again and again. ( I'm ecstatic to show Grandpa because my dad will tell you Carson is going to bring the Vikings to the super bowl.) As I watched Clint beam from ear to ear and Carson laugh and shake his head at his new accomplishment. Tears filled my eyes (not unusual during this pregnancy) but I was over come with how much life has altered since having him. How much we have all grown and transformed. I know it's terribly sappy... all this from Carson catching a football, but it's true. So my motto this year is Cherish. Cherish the little, the hard, the happy, the stressful, the blissful moments. Sounds simple.. but how easily I forget. As my baby is now turning two and is talking more and more I want to savior him as he is now to be able to remember clearly his little spirit. As well as the little adventures life seems to bring our family.

4 comments:

Huston Family said...

What a great reminder. As the joys and trials of life seem to push and pull at us, it's nice to sit back and cherish each moment!
Thanks for your insight!

Cole Franke said...

You are so right. The days are long but the years are short. I think this is especially true when you have kids. It's nice to sit back and soak in the special moments. :)

Kristin said...

LOVES IT!

you always seem to know how to capture a moment so this wont be hard for you at all :)

miss your face. xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Hey Heather! I just found your blog and I LOVE IT!!! you are such a good example to me! glad I found you guys!
~Melissa