Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I refused to have a crush on Clint Doyle when I met him. Don't get me wrong it was incredibly hard with those handsome greenish/ blue eyes that have perfect eyebrows that shape them and his thick brown hair. Ahhh yes, it was hard but I was not going to fall for this studly, dry humored sarcastic guy. Nope he knew all the ladies at work thought he was hot stuff and I was not going to be one of them..... He called me a lot.. I never answered. One time (by accident) it was him on the other end of the phone. He asked me if I wanted to grab some ice cream? I told him I was lactose intolerant... which is true but still I was short with him. He never gave up. He was always around at work and eventually we became great "work friends" Never allowing us to associate out of the office. The more I resisted the more he tried... and finally I gave in. After hanging out with mutual friends he asked me on a date. He looked down and kicked my car tire and confessed he had a thing for me and would really like it if I let him take me out. I smiled. We were going to dinner and a movie. He came to my door like a gentleman. Looking him over I smiled, his pants were rolled up showing the top of his old brown boots and his tucked in forest green shirt. He led me to the car with his hand on my lower back. He hates chilli's but knew I liked it I smiled when we pulled up to the restaurant and he rolled his eyes as he opened my door to let me out. He nervously tried to hold my hand in the theater almost spilling the drink in the middle. I smiled. and moved the middle drink and nestled into him a bit. He stiffened and had a huge grin. He walked me to my door where he faced me holding both of my hands. He told me he would really like to do this again and kissed me on the cheek and gave me a hug, good night Heather. I smiled. Good night Clint. I went inside laid down still smiling and thought crap... I am one of them. Needless to say... months later we were married. I thought about that first date on our anniversary (1/27) and smiled.

5 comments:

Ash said...

You and Clint are perfect for each other. You know you loved him long before that first date! I hope I have a family like yours someday!

xoxo
sista

Eli, Leslie & Victoria said...

Heather that was soo sweet! I never knew how you all met. Soo cute! hope you are doing good.

Cole Franke said...

Super sweet. It's nice to look back at the beginning sometimes.

Cole Franke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristin said...

if only everyone was as blessed as you two.

clintss a charmer.
your my favorite
and carson- love love him.

hope to see your face soon.