Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Carson, Thank you. You have put up with a lot these past couple months. Your trips to the park have become far and few between. We have spent hours in the dreadful spare room where I put you to work putting tiny diapers for your soon to be brother in one box to another, while I sit in almost tears wondering where to put all the junk... Speaking of tears you are amazing when I become a weeping willow. I swear it wasn't like this when I was pregnant with you. I don't know how Diego can make me that weird happy teary eyed. You look at me with your dad's handsome serious eyes that you inherited and loudly say, "oooooohhhhhh mom." Then you make this fake laugh.. loud and from the belly and do it until I chime in. You know that gets me laughing in minutes. You have been really needy and giving me the best excuse to not mop the floor. I get to justify it with I held you all afternoon. You don't mind that I feed you the same thing everyday. Especially when I was so big at making you different things for our fun lunches together. You are the best little helper and are always right there when I am cleaning something. Actually you follow me every where like a little puppy. I know you're doing something naughty, if your not in the same room with me. (Lotion all over my couch, my black eyeshadow streamed across your face like a disguised GI Joe, a tub of Vaseline massaged in your hair.) You just seem to know when I need to rest and lay with me on the couch or you are coloring and or playing quietly with your hot wheels. The only request is Diego or DJ Lance be on the tube. You're talking so much more and my heart melts when you yell," MOM ove you!" Because I love you so much too. We have 2 and 1/2 months and things are going to be different... but I promise I'll make it fun! Back to the park buddy! Love, Love, Love you! xoxo mom

4 comments:

Julia Everts said...

This is so cute! And so true. Hang in there Carson!

Tami said...

I loved reading your thoughts Heather, it reminded me of my firstborn so many years ago. Your firstborn always holds such a special place in your heart. I still remember driving to the hospital ready to have baby #2 and just bawling my eyes out for my sweet Emie whose life was never going to be the same. Wouldn't you know it--it was BETTER! It's hard to imagine that you have so much love to give...but you do! Good luck, we'll be praying that things go well for you guys!

Mattie said...

So I'm sitting in the office reading this and dad walks in while tears are streaming down my face and he thinks I've gone insane! I cant tell you how much I love hsving you in our family. Were definitly not perfect but were sure glad you picked us. Love you.

Lindsay Militello said...

Ah, Heather. You brought tears to my eyes, and I'm not even pregnant! You are such a trooper and you're passing that on to Carson. With you as his mom, he (and baby brother) will be more than fine.