Friday, October 2, 2009

What a picture couldn't capture....

Clint has a new position and has been working really late. Carson always seems to wake up for him. (He hears dad get home and wants nothing else) We thought that if we let him cry it out a bit he would fall back asleep, but then we heard knocking on his door.... (this is his new thing) we caved. Clint opened it and there was Carson smiling arms up waiting for his dad. We chatted a bit then headed for bed Carson glued to Clint's side. I crawled into bed and Clint laid the boy down next to me. (I go by the book, babes in their own bed) I looked at Clint with a raised eyebrow and he smiled that smile and tells me I really miss him too. The lights are off and Clint finds my hand to hold in the dark. I'm then surprised by another little hand that wants mine but settles for on top of both of ours instead. I fall asleep happy with both of my boys. Through out the night Carson would wake up a little distorted I guess... he would realize where he was, and proceed to give Clint and I both kisses through out the night before he fell back asleep. It was one of those moments that I wish I could bottle up forever.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Heather, I've been missing your posts. This is truly lovely - much like you. :) xo

Mattie said...

That is the sweetest stories I have ever heard! A tear came to my eye as I thought of what a blessing you and Carson have been to our family. You truely are a blessing and strength to all of us. You bring out the best in my brother and make him who he always should have been. Love you. Hang in there.

Kathy P said...

Love it!!

You just have to remember, as someone once told me, those books are written by grumpy old men in white lab coats with no children.