Thursday, November 5, 2009

Good health has been something my family has been lacking. Especially from my side. My poor poor husband has had to play both roles. I was diagnosed with a light case of Hyperemesis gravidarum (sever morning sickness) they are going to put me on an IV pack if I can't get hydrated. My husband claimed this was our last baby after he found me passed out on our bathroom floor next to the toilet... classy I know. But I can't say I am far from disagreeing with him. I need to be strong for my family but as the nurse at the urgent care calls me I am a puny pregnant.... I was finally starting to feel on top of my morning sickness. I could keep down crutons and gatoraid was finally starting to stick when Carson came down with a bug. No biggie until my throat started to hurt as well and I realized just what my poor baby bear was suffering through. He has a double ear infection which explains why he refuses to sleep (he is running on 4 hours right now) and strep throat. I too was diagnosed with strep and I can honestly say I would rather not be able to swallow than have ms but I am doing both. The doctor gave us antibiotics and with sad eyes told me they will make me nauseous. I said "awesome." We are just waiting for this storm to past. My goodness it has been a long two months but as one of my favorite quotes goes "The darkest hour is the best time to see the stars" My chin is still up... sorta... ask me next week....ha ha

3 comments:

Kathy P said...

Oh boy Heather... Hang in there. I know it isn't easy. I don't like being sick and pregnant -- especially at the same time! :) I will be praying for you!

Huston Family said...

Oh Heather, I feel for you! I've been through it eight times. The IV backpack helps though. At least you can funtion, especially if they let you inject Zofran into the saline. Let me know when Carson is well, I'd love to take him to the park with Bekkah.

Eli, Leslie & Victoria said...

oh my gosh Heather!! Im sooo sorry I wish we could do something for you... That sounds so awful! I hope Carson gets over his sickness quick!!! Makes me want to cry... love ya. hope you get feeling better too...