Thursday, October 22, 2009

After the first baby it gets easier....myth

Whenever Carson goes into the bathroom he flips up the toilet lid puts his head over the bowl and makes that Blaaaagggghhhhhggg sound..... can you guess how I have been spending my days? Whoever said the second time would be easier (eh hem mom...) was lying. The doctor put me on light bed rest.... my husband put me on heavy ( his orders are to do nothing) I have become useless. I know he is worried... I have had light bleeding we have had so many miscarriages we are just holding our breaths... Babies heart rate is good and I am really sick which everyone tells me is really good... But I am not good at doing nothing. I like projects, errands, friends,playing with Carson, date nights with Clint ect, ect.. So just sitting here holding my breath I'm going crazy... I don't dress Carson during the day any more who cares if he rocks the diaper? I don't get dressed either... as I came up from a long session of heaving I caught my reflection in the mirror and I wanted to cry. I know this is worth it... right? Two maybe three more weeks... and the morning sickness or all day sickness or all night sickness should subside. I really hope so...

7 comments:

Tigerlilly said...

Hang in there honey, we're praying for you. Just keep looking at Carson's baby pictures and remembering how much it was worth it with him!!

Maybe you should take up knitting, crocheting or needlepoint! LOL ... start making some Christmas presents! If you need anything just call. <3 you

Tami said...

Feeling so sorry for you Heather! I have always felt so guilty for having great pregnancies when people like you struggle so much. I am sending love and prayers your way! Hang in there--and YES it's worth it, every time!

Kathy P said...

Each baby got harder for me. With Rebekah I was down nearly the whole time... It is such a frustrating feeling.

But I have to tell you, one of my most tender memories during that pregnancy was when Clint came over to help Tim give me a blessing. I felt like such a nerd, crying and stuck in bed... But your hubby seemed to understand. And the blessing helped.

I ended up setting my sewing machine next to my bed so I could set it to embroider while I laid there... I only had to sit up to change thread.

I also did a lot of family history which is great for bed rest (if you have a laptop) and reading (I have a ton of books if you need anything to read) Oh -- and of course electronic Yatzee... memories.

Anyway, hang in there. Love you.

Lauren said...

I'm thinking of you Heather! If you take of sewing or needlepoint, holler at me. I'm dying to learn how to do those! ;) xo

Eli, Leslie & Victoria said...

hope you start to feel on the up and up! your a great mom... your new baby is a lucky one.

Eli, Leslie & Victoria said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Huston Family said...

You're right "they" lie. It only got worse for me. But it was worth it, all eight times. We'll keep you in our prayers.