Monday, January 26, 2009

It all began with a starfish ...

The starfish in our home has a great significance. It represents when Clint and I moved from a friendship into a partnership, when Lace first heard of her "dad's friend" and when I realized that I was falling for this guy.... hard! Clint was going to California. I remember him hanging around(as usual)by my desk and having to shoo him away. I told him I was going to miss him and to bring me back a starfish. He smiled and off he went. I really figured he'd forget. But from what I hear, they had to ride bikes up and down the San Diego coast to find the perfect starfish for "dad's friend." He came back, and from then on it was never the same. Next thing I know I'm married & a mom. I couldn't be happier. I am so in love with this guy! How grateful I am to have him by my side. This really is the life! Here's to DOS Clint Doyle!

4 comments:

Kathy P said...

Every so often, life gives us a fairytale. So happy you found yours.

Mattie said...

This is the cutest story I have ever heard!! My brother is romantic?!?! Who would have known?!?! Love ya sis!!

Ash said...

You guys are so meant for each other! I couldn't have asked for a better brother in-law! Two years and many,many more!Love love love you both so much!

Sista~

Ed said...

Great story...I love the "starfish" that are given to us through life! Happy number 2!